Easter is a popular holiday in Canada; Canadians love to celebrate it. If you are wondering what to do for the Easter holiday period or where to go on holiday in Canada, then RVezy has you covered. Why not try something a little different and do Easter RV style?
Canada Has Some Of The Best Easter RV Holiday Opportunities!
The days are getting longer, forests are coming to life, and it is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the great Canadian outdoors, particularly before the busy summer season sets in.
Here’s our Top Easter Ideas for the next Canadian Easter holidays:
- Use the RV as a home base to discover Easter time events
- Visit distant friends and family in RV style
- Try some late fall/early spring RV and outdoor activities
- Adapt your Easter time activities to the relaxed RV lifestyle
Below is some more helpful info about each Easter idea...
1) Easter Holiday Events Perfect for RV Travel
Easter offer some quirky events, and this year will be no different! The great thing about Canadian RV travel is basically every city, town, and village has a camping ground or RV van park to put you up.
Here are a few unique event ideas you might like to incorporate into an Easter road trip:
Easter egg hunts - Many towns have their own official Easter egg hunts on either side of the Easter weekend. Why not camp nearby and participate with the kids?
Maple Syrup Festival (March 30 - 31, Bronte Creek Provincial Park, Ontario)
Nadeshicon Japanese Festival (March 29 - 31, Quebec City, Quebec)
Halifax Big Home Show (March 29 - 31, Halifax, Nova Scotia)
Festival Beauceron de L'Érable (April 6 - 7, Saint Georges, Quebec)
County-licious food festival (April 5 - 28, Prince Edward County, Ontario)
2) Visit Distant Friends And Family In Your RV
Instead of catching a plane, train or, bus, turn your Canada Holiday get-together into an Easter RV road trip. Once you reach your family or friend's location, you have your own wheels and your own mobile home. This means you have the ultimate RV freedom if you need a break away from the antics.
3) Use The RV To Soak Up The Easter-Time Outdoors
On the West Coast and in the southern parts of Canada, the Easter weather should be well on its way towards sunny spring redemption. Use the opportunity to get outdoors, camp in some beautiful wilderness, and enjoy some activities like hiking, kayaking and fishing before the summer busy period sets in.
Or, if the sun does not look like it is making a come back....
Hit the Slopes!
There are still many ski hills that are covered in snow. Look for RV friendly ski resorts throughout Canada!
4) Celebrate Easter In Unique RV Style
Granted, Easter RV celebrations cannot be as elaborate as at home, but it provides an opportunity to do things a little different. Make your vacation a memorable using these unique RV friendly Easter activities:
- Hiking Easter egg-hunt: While hiking, one adult can run ahead and place a few cheeky chocolate eggs in the forest for the kids to stumble upon.
- Open fire Easter cooking: Try a special Easter meal on an open fire
- Colorful boiled Easter eggs: Colorful boiled eggs are a very easy to do in an RV, and a fun arty activity for the kids.
- Easter Bunny spotting: Try spot some hares and rabbits running around to create a bit of Easter Bunny excitement
- Easter RV Gifts: Crack open some Easter RV gifts for your favorite RV enthusiast while camping in some beautiful Canadian wilderness.
We hope this post has given you a few ideas about what to do Easter in an RV this year. There is still time to find the perfect RV for your Easter holidays.