Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, for service improvement, to process payments, and for insurance purposes. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
"Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, credit card information, banking information, vehicle identification number, driver’s license number, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or be able to access and use the Website at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website.
We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service purchases; user support; and surveys. You can also register to join by logging into online accounts you may have with third party service providers (“TPA”) (e.g. Facebook and Google); each such account, a “Third Party Account”, via our Website as described below. As part of the functionality of the Website and Services, you may link your RVezy Account with Third Party Accounts by allowing RVezy to access your Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to grant RVezy access to your Third Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein), without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third Party Account and without obligating RVezy to pay any fees or making RVezy subject to any usage limitations imposed by the applicable TPA. If you decide to register by allowing us to access your Third Party Account via our Website, we will obtain the Personal Information you have provided to the applicable TPA (such as your name, email address, profile picture, and/or other information you authorize RVezy to access by authorizing the TPA to provide such information) from your Third Party Accounts and use that information to create your RVezy Account and RVezy Account profile page. Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, you understand that by granting us access to the Third Party Accounts, we will access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the TPA and authorized by you) the information in your Third Party Accounts so that it is available on and through your RVezy Account on the Website and Services. If there is information about your “friends” or people with whom you are associated in your Third Party Account, the information we obtain about those “friends” or people with whom you are associated, may also depend on the privacy settings such people have with the applicable TPA.
"Non-Personal Information" is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information. This information may be used in conjunction with Personal Information in order to provide our Services, such as when we use your IP address to establish your approximate location and give distance estimates.
We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registration: The Website and our Services are intended for use by individuals aged twenty-five (25) and older. By using this Website, you represent that you are at least 25 years of age. Consequently, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. If we become aware that an individual under 13 has provided us with any Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information. To register for an account and use our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, gender, phone number, driver’s license number, insurance information, and email address. If you wish to register as an Owner, you will also need to disclose your vehicle identification number, specifics relating to your vehicle (such as how many people it holds or sleeps), and the address that the vehicle is located at. This registration information will generally not be made publicly available, with the exception of any pictures you choose to make public; the name or username you choose to identify yourself by; ratings/reviews of Owners and Renters; vehicle specifications, approximate price, availability, and location of an Owner’s vehicle. When a Renter and an Owner engage in a transaction, more information will be shared between the two parties as is necessary for us to provide the Services.
- Payment Information: In order to use our Services, Renters and Owners are required to enter certain payment information. The information required varies depending on the type of user and their preferences:
- Deposits and Rental Fees: Deposits and Rental Fees paid by the Renter can only be made through our payment processor, Stripe. Any payments made through Stripe are secure, and the Renter’s Stripe payment information and credentials are not stored on our servers.
- Remittances: Remittances to Owners are paid out by RVezy via Stripe. All information collected in this way, will not be disclosed to anyone, except as outlined below in Important Exceptions.
- Refunds: Refunds of deposit money or cancellation refunds to Renters are also made through Stripe refunded back onto the credit card on which the Deposit was paid by the Renter.
- Messages and Reviews: As part of our Services we make a messaging system available so that our users can contact one another and organize transactions. Using the messaging system will not give other users access to your email address. We also require Owners and Renters to rate and review one another when a transaction has been completed. Any Personal Information that you give out through these means is outside of our control and is your responsibility. If another user gives out your Personal Information in a review, or you would like a review taken down for any other reason, please contact [email protected] and we will work with you to resolve the issue.
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services through our Newsletter. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in each communication.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about the use of the Services purchased through the Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases. Our website uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at. All information collected through these means is non-personal, aggregate information, and is not linked to your Personal Information.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties or to other users through the Website.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of email address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: [email protected].
Last Updated: April 10th, 2019