THESE TERMS, ALONG WITH ANY RENTAL CONFIRMATION PAGE, FORM THE RENTAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN AN OWNER AND RENTER.
1.1 The Service. The Services are available in Canada and allow eligible users who have created an account through the Website and/or downloaded the RVezy App: (i) to list RVs that are available for Rent if you are an Owner; (ii) search, reserve and rent RVs listed on the Website and/or RVezy App if you are a Renter; and (iii) pay for, or receive payment for, RV rentals booked through the Website and/or RVezy App (the “Services”).
1.2 Important Note on Use of the Services. RVezy is not a rental company. RVezy is in the business of providing an online platform where RV Owners and prospective Renters can connect, subject to these Terms. By using the Services You understand and acknowledge that RVezy provides a marketplace that connects Owners with Renters, and that Owners are independent contractors and not employees of RVezy. Owners are solely responsible for their RVs listed for rent on the Website and/or RVezy App, including ensuring that their RVs meet minimum conditions of fitness for use and safety. RVezy reserves the right to remove any RV listings from the Services that do not meet minimum conditions of fitness for use and safety in RVezy’s sole discretion. Except to the extent expressly provided in these terms, RVezy is not responsible for any User’s conduct, including Renter’s use of the RVs, nor will we be responsible for or liable in any way for any act or omissions of Renters or for any damage caused to RVs in connection with Users’ use of the Services.
1.3 Owner Account Registration. You must be at least twenty-five (25) years old to register for an account as an Owner, and you must be the owner of the RV or RVs you are seeking to list for rent, or have the permission of the owner of the RV or RVs you are seeking to make available for rent through the Website/App. When you register, you will be required to provide your full name, date of birth, phone number, email address, gender, driver’s license number, and the jurisdiction in which your driver’s license was issued. RVezy reserves the right to conduct background checks using third-party services to verify driver’s license validity. You will also be required to provide the VIN number of the RV you wish to make available for rent, details about the vehicle, as well as the address of the vehicle. Please note that the vehicle address is only visible to other users once a reservation request has been made by a Renter and the booking is confirmed by the Owner, and payment has been made by the Renter (see Payments below for more details).
1.4 Renter Account Registration. If you are registering for an account as a Renter, you must be at least twenty-five (25) years old and you must have a valid driver’s license in your jurisdiction of residence. You will be required to provide your name, date of birth, phone number, gender, driver’s license number, and the jurisdiction of issuance of your driver’s license. You will also require a valid credit card to pay for the RV rental (see Payment Terms Section 7 below for further information). RVezy reserves the right to conduct background checks using third-party services to verify driver’s license validity.
- LISTING AND BOOKING
2.1 Listing RVs. After you have created an account, Owners can list RVs for rent by creating a listing, which may include information about the rental such as the rental fees, photos of the RV, location of the RV, the number of people the RV can accommodate, availability, the minimum rental term, details about the RV, and any other terms and conditions governing the rental. You can also specify any additional rules that apply to Renters. This information will be included in your public listing of the rental on the platform. Accordingly, if you provide personal information or include photos with your family members, that information will be publicly available online. If you fail to appear on the date and at the time you are required to meet a Renter for a confirmed booking, RVezy reserves the right to immediately remove the listing from the Website, terminate your account, and refund all pre-paid amounts to the Renter.
2.2 Representations of Owner. If you are an Owner, you hereby represent and warrant that you are the legal owner of the RV, or if not the owner, that you are duly authorized and have all the necessary rights and/or permissions required in order to list the RVs as available for rent on the Platform, and that the RV you are listing is mechanically sound and in good working condition and fit for the purposes for which it is intended.
2.3 Renting RVs. Renters can request to rent RVs listed on the Platform. Requests must be made no later than forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the first day of the rental period. Once you submit a booking request, the RV Owner may confirm or decline the request and you will be sent an invoice for the rental fee charged by the Owner (“Rental Fees”) and any other applicable fees. For bookings made more than 30 days in advance, You will be required to pre-pay 25% of the Rental Fees at the time of booking, which will be charged to your credit card, in order to secure your booking (“Booking Deposit”). For bookings made within 30 days of the rental, full payment of the Rental Fees will be due at the time of booking. You will also be required to confirm your acceptance of any additional rules that the Owner has provided relative the RV rental. Once the booking has been confirmed, we will contact you to pay the Rental Fees. For more information on the Rental Fees, please see Section 7.2 below. Upon request by an Owner of an RV, you must provide the Owner with a copy of your driver’s license so that the Owner can confirm the license information that RVezy has already made available to the Owner. If you refuse to do so, the Owner is not under any obligation to rent the RV to you, and your request may be cancelled.
2.4 Additional Provisions Applicable in Quebec. Each Owner in Quebec grants RVezy the right to use and enjoy each RV, solely during the rental period, subject to RVezy’s obligations to the Owner to preserve the substance of the RV pursuant to these Terms. Each Owner in Quebec agrees that RVezy’s obligation to preserve the substance of his RV is fulfilled by RVezy obtaining Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy coverage, the terms, limitations and exclusions of which are set out in the standard form automobile policy applicable in the province of Quebec (Q.P.F. no. 1).
3.1 Owner’s Responsibility. It is the sole and exclusive responsibility of Owners to ensure that the RV’s listed by such Owners are properly and adequately insured for Renter’s use and to complete an “Insurance Profile” on the RVezy Platform. RVezy may make recommendations about insurance brokers who offer RV insurance policies. Any such recommendations by RVezy are for informational purposes only, and do not constitute an endorsement by RVezy of such insurance providers, nor does it remove the responsibility of Owners to obtain adequate insurance coverage. RVezy will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever for your failure to properly insure your RV or for any damage, loss or injury that arises or is incurred by You or any other third party as a result of Owner’s failure to obtain proper insurance coverage.
3.2 Claims Handling. For motorhomes and trailers, Intact will impose a $5,000 deductible to the vehicle Owner in the event of a claim. RVezy will reimburse this deductible to the Owner. The deductible applied to any claim will be applied directly to the Owner of the RV in the amount of $5,000. RVezy will reimburse the deductible directly to the Owner at the completion of the claim. RVezy holds the right not to reimburse the deductible should the Owner be in breach of the terms and conditions set out above.
3.3 Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for motorhomes registered in Ontario, Alberta and Quebec and travel trailers registered in any province or territory in Canada, RVezy currently carries a Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy underwritten by Intact Insurance that provides insurance for motorhomes listed and licensed in the provinces of Ontario, Alberta and Quebec and travel trailers listed and licensed in any province or territory in Canada. Owner and Renters must fill out the application and be approved by RVezy. For more information on RVezy’s Commercial Automobile Insurance, click https://www.rvezy.com/en/trust-and-safety. When an RV is in the possession of Renter and during the delivery period (e.g. when the Owner is in the process of delivering the RV to a Renter), RVezy’s Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy is in effect. At all other times, any personal insurance policy of the Owner in respect of the RV will be in effect.
3.4 Return Form. During every rental, a fully completed departure and return form must be completed by the Renter and the Owner, which form may be completed in hard copy or electronically using the RVezy Platform. This checklist includes a full walkthrough of the RV and documenting any pre-existing damage or damage that has occurred during the rental. Owners must take pictures of the RV prior to the rental and upon its return and be in a position to provide them to RVezy in the event of a claim.
3.5 Consequence. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of the site may result in the owners not getting compensated for the $5000 deductible in the event of a claim.
3.6 Opt Out. An Owner may choose to opt out of the Commercial insurance policy provided by RVezy, provided that the Owner assumes all risk associated with any insurance claim that may come as a result of a rental processed through the RVezy Platform.
4.1 Vehicle Repairs and Damages. Although Owners should only list RVs that are in good working condition, in certain circumstances, unforeseeable damages may occur to an RV while it is in the control of a Renter. The following terms apply for attributing liability for costs.
4.2 Renter Liability.
By taking possession of the RV at the time of rental, the Renter assumes the condition of the RV at its present state and is solely responsible for any damages that occur during the rental. It is the Renter’s sole responsibility to inspect the RV prior to acceptance to ensure that there is no pre-existing damage.
- Flat Tires: All flat tires, including the cost of a replacement tire, and any labour fees for replacing a flat tire is the sole responsibility of a Renter, unless the RV had a flat tire at the time the Renter took control of the RV;
- Stone Chips: Renters are responsible for any stone chips that cause damage to the vehicle, including windshields, in RVezy’s sole discretion;
- Negligence and Willful Misconduct: Any damage to an RV that arises in connection with a Renter’s (or any individual driving the RV while the RV is under the control of the Renter) willful misconduct, is the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Renter. Negligence of the Renter may be covered by RVezy’s Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy in accordance with the policy terms.
- Damage Deposits: RVezy may collect a damage deposit on behalf of the RV Owner that may be used in the event of damages that are caused to the RV while in the Renter’s possession. This deposit is held to cover incidental charges not covered by RVezy’s Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy. This damage deposit is collected from the Renter 72 hours prior to the start date of the rental and is returned at the end of the rental period. RVezy reserves the right to charge the Renter for any additional amounts beyond the amount of the deposit.
RVezy reserves the right to charge the credit card on file the total amount of the protection plan that the renter chooses in the event of a damage claim.
4.3 Owner Liability:
- Mechanical Breakdown: Owners are solely liable for any mechanical breakdown of an RV they have listed. In the event of any mechanical breakdown of a vehicle the Owner shall be responsible for the cost of the repairs and Owner hereby authorizes RVezy to obtain parts and repairs on behalf of Owner. If RVezy or the Renter is required to pay for any repairs, the amount paid will be deducted from any amounts that the Renter owes to the Owner. If the mechanical failures are such that the Renter cannot make use of the RV, in addition to any out-of-pocket expenses for which Renters will be reimbursed, Renters will receive a pro-rated refund for the days in which the RV was unusable.
- RVezy disclaimer: RVezy shall not be liable to Owner for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising from damages to an RV, including any losses associated with Owner’s inability to accept future bookings.
4.4 Vehicle Abandonment. The Renter is fully responsible for the safe return of the RV rented. Any RV determined abandoned by the Renter will be treated as a Renter cancellation and Renter shall be liable all costs associated with the RV being returned to the Owner, which costs will be charged to Renter’s credit card.
- ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
5.1 Enrollment. RVezy offers roadside assistance to Renters, which is provided by a third-party service provider (“Roadside Assistance”). Renters may choose to enroll in RVezy’s Roadside Assistance program at the time of booking by agreeing to the applicable terms and conditions and paying the applicable fee. If a Renter does not enroll in Roadside Assistance at the time of booking, Renter shall be liable for any costs arising from a Roadside Event.
5.2 Included Services. For the purpose of this Schedule, “Roadside Event” includes any emergency breakdown of any RVezy vehicle where the rented vehicle is on a municipally, provincially maintained roadways. The roadside provider shall provide all of following services all across North America in the event of a “Roadside Event”, as required by the RVezy Lessee, for all approved RVezy bookings:
- 2 tows up to 140km from place of break down to closest garage OR 1 tow up to 280kms to closest garage;
- Battery Boost, Locksmith (up to $200 CAD), unlock, flat tire change, fuel delivery (up to $20 CAD);
- Breakdown Cab fare up to $50 CAD; and
- Emergency hotel accommodation (up to 2 nights at a rate of $150 CAD per night).
Renter is responsible for removing the RV from a roadway and transporting the RV to the nearest repair facility.
- RV MAINTENANCE.
Owners are required to regularly check RVs for any defects in its operations or safety. Owners represent and warrant promise that, at all times, the RV will be in safe and roadworthy condition, in good mechanical condition, and in full compliance with all applicable inspection and registration requirements. You will only list RVs with a clean, non-salvaged, and non-branded title. You agree to respond to any applicable recall or similar safety notices and to complete any recommended action before allowing your vehicle to be rented. In addition, if RVezy believes that your RV does not conform to reasonable standards, RVezy will notify you and reserves the right to remove or decline listing your RV until its concerns have been resolved. RVezy may, but does not commit to, undertake efforts to ensure the safety of RVs rented through the Services.
- PAYMENT TERMS
7.1 Damage Deposit. For all rentals, Owners may require the Renter to pay a damage deposit at the time of booking (“Damage Deposit”), which amount shall be determined by the Owner. The Damage Deposit will be charged to the Renter’s credit card and held by RVezy for the duration of the rental. The Damage deposit is charged 72 hours prior to the rental start date. RVezy, at its sole discretion, may pay out to Owner some or all of Damage Deposit for any RV damages caused by the Renter. RVezy shall not pay or be liable to Owner for any amounts in excess of the Damage Deposit.
7.2 RVezy Service Fees; Rental Fees. Owners determine, in their sole discretion, the RV Rental Fees, and any additional fees that may be applied such as cleaning fees. A full list of the various fees that may be applied to the RV rental can be found on the Service Fees page of the website. In addition to the Rental Fees listed by Owners, RVezy will charge a service fee for each booking which will be included in the total amount displayed to Renters at the time of booking. RVezy will also charge a service fee to Owners, as displayed to owner at the time of listing, which will be deducted from the listing fee (collectively, the “RVezy Service Fees”). The fees listed on the Website are also exclusive of taxes (see further Section 7.5 below under “Taxes”).
7.3 Payment. The Booking Deposit must be paid at the time of booking in order to reserve the RV. The remainder of the Rental Fees are due as follows: (i) 30 days in advance of the first day of the rental period for reservations that are made more than 30 days in advance of the first day of the rental period; or (ii) immediately if the reservation request is made less than 30 days before the first day of the rental term. Users are responsible for paying all fees when they come due and authorize RVezy to charge any payment methods on file in your account for all amounts due, including but not limited to, Damage Deposits, Rental Fees, Service Fees, usage fees, fines/penalties, deductibles, and damages, and you furthermore represent and warrant that you have the right to make this authorization. Renters will be responsible for all of the costs relating to any citations and fines (e.g. tolls, parking tickets, towing fines) incurred during the rental period, which will be charged to the Renter’s credit card.
7.4 Deposit. RVezy will collect and hold the Damage Deposit, RVezy Service Fees and Rental Fees until the end of the rental period. At that time, RVezy will remit the Rental Fees, less the RVezy Service Fees to Owners by direct deposit. If there is any damage to the RV the cost of the damage will be deducted from the Damage Deposit and remitted to the Owner. The remainder of the Damage Deposit (or the full Damage Deposit if there is no damage to the RV) will be refunded to Renter directly to the credit card on which the Damage Deposit payment was made. RVezy may hold your Damage Deposit for a period of up to ten (10) days after the RV is returned. If you receive any traffic tickets or fines during the rental period, we will deduct the amount of the fine from your Deposit. If the amount of the Deposit is not sufficient to cover damages and/or fines (if any) you hereby agree to pay the difference between the amount of the Damage Deposit and the total amount of any damages/fines.
7.5 Taxes. The Fees (including the Damage Deposit, Rental Fees and RVezy Service Fees) are exclusive of tax. Where applicable, taxes (including without limitation sales tax, goods and services taxes, and other similar municipal, provincial or federal or other withholding and personal or corporate income taxes, collectively, “Taxes”) may be added to the fees. Users and not RVezy are responsible for determining their tax obligations and for paying any and all applicable taxes, and ensuring compliance with all applicable tax requirements, including income tax, sales tax, value added tax, and any other federal, provincial and/or municipal taxes that may apply to a particular transaction. RVezy may collect applicable Taxes charged to a Renter on behalf of the Owner, provided the Owner has submitted to RVezy its tax number and any other relevant information requested by RVezy. Owners are responsible for remitting Taxes.
7.6 Fraudulent Transactions. We have the right to suspend the processing of any transaction where we reasonably believe that the transaction may be fraudulent, illegal or involves any criminal activity. If a user challenges a transaction or payment, user agrees to assist us in complying with any laws and card or financial institution rules or policies.
8.1 Refund Policy. If the trip/rental contract is cancelled by the Renter, Renters will be entitled to a full refund of any pre-paid Rental Fees less the RVezy Service Fees, and will be entitled to refunds of the Rental Fees as follows:
Date Cancelled Refund Entitlement
≥ 1 month before the first day of the rental term
100% of the Rental Fees, less the RVezy Service Fees
1 week – 1 month before the first day of the rental term
50% of the Rental Fees, less the RVezy Service Fees
< 1 week before the first day of the rental term No refund.
8.2 No Cancellation by Owners. Owners are not permitted to cancel confirmed rental bookings. If a confirmed rental is cancelled by the Owner, Owners are subject to the cancellation fees noted above and RVezy reserves the right to withhold future payments to set off any amounts owed by Owner for cancellations. If an Owner cancels a reservation, RVezy also has the right to publish a negative review and/or remove the RV from the marketplace.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE, APP AND SERVICES
9.1 Conduct Guidelines. In using the Website, App and Services you agree that you will:
- Provide accurate information when registering and keep such information up to date;
- keep your user login details and access to the Website secure. We will not be liable for any damages caused by virtue of the compromise of your account or password, including any unauthorized access to your account, use of your password or compromise of your credit card details. Please contact us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized use of your user name or password or any other breach of security; and
- comply with any reasonable requirements of the other party with whom you are contracting for RV rentals.
9.2 Messaging Conduct. The Service has in-site/in-app messaging capability. In order to use the Services, you must treat the other users of the Services with whom you interact with respect and not engage in any conduct which is threatening, harassing or otherwise harmful to other users or third parties. We also reserve the right to monitor such communication without the consent of the user. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Services and take appropriate legal action if you are in breach of these requirements or any of these Terms.
9.3 Use Restrictions. In using the Website, RVezy App and the Services, you agree that you shall not and shall not permit anyone to:
- copy any content unless expressly permitted to do so herein;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
(1) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
(2) You do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy, personality or publicity rights);
(1) is or contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
(2) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the Website or that of any users or viewers of the Website or that compromises a user’s privacy; or
(3) contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that you know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
- use the Website, App or Services for fraudulent purposes;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, provincial, national or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users or viewers other than is strictly necessary to complete the RV rental transactions;
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Website or RVezy App; or
- modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the RVezy App or any software provided as part of the Website, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law.
We reserve the right to limit, suspend or terminate your account if we discover or have a good faith reason to believe that you have violated any of terms.
9.4 Other Users’ Conduct. We are not responsible for the behaviour, acts or omissions of users of the Services. If you feel that another user has threatened, harassed or otherwise acted in an inappropriate manner, you may notify us of this conduct through the feedback features of the Services. We will take appropriate steps as necessary to review and respond to your complaint. By submitting a complaint you acknowledge and agree that we may disclose your identity to the user in question in order to follow up directly with you in regards to your complaint.
9.5 No Circumvention. Owners and Renters are strictly prohibited from circumventing the RVezy Platform to avoid paying Rvezy Service Fees, including but not limited to, using the RVezy Platform to seek out potential Renters or vehicles for rent and then contacting the User outside of the RVezy Platform to arrange a rental agreement. RVezy has the right to monitor for this type of activity and remove those Users from the marketplace.
- LICENSE TERMS
10.1 User Content. All information, data, text, software, graphics, video, messages or other materials, including without limitation photos of the RVs, RV listing information, pricing information and User contact information, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the Website by Users (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of such Users. This means that the User, and not RVezy, is entirely responsible for all such material uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the Service. RVezy does not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Users acknowledge that by using the Service, they may be exposed to materials that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will RVezy be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any materials or any defects or errors, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any materials posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
10.2 User Content License. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through the Service, you grant us (and our agents) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, transmit, display and distribute such User Content for the purpose of providing the Services. RVezy will not be responsible or liable for any use of User Content in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit.
10.4 Feedback. If you provide us with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Website and/or Services (“Feedback”), we may use such Feedback in the Website and Service and/or in any other products or services (collectively, “RVezy Offerings”). Accordingly, You agree that: (a) we are not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to us, (c) RVezy (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the RVezy Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback in any RVezy Offerings, and (d) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind in respect of the Feedback.
- IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 1 No verification; endorsement. Because we do not supervise or control interactions between Renters and Owners, and because RVezy cannot guarantee the true identity, age, nationality of Owners or Renters, and because we have very limited control, if any, over the legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Website or Services and the User Content contained therein, You agree that You bear all risk and You agree to release RVezy (and their officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) (actual and consequential) from any liability, responsibility cost, expense or other damage of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with Your use of the Services, the interactions and transactions between Renters and Owners, Your third party transactions, and our resolution of any disputes between Renters and Owners. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. Notwithstanding the foregoing in the event that an RV is damaged during the rental period, or the delivery period (e.g. when the Owner is in the process of delivering the RV to a Renter) in the provinces in which RVezy has a Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec), such damage will be covered in accordance with the policy.
11.2 Service Disclaimer. Except as expressly provided here in with regards to RVezy liability and responsibility when its Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy applies We provide a booking platform only, and expressly disclaim any and all liability related to your interaction with, or receipt of services from Owners or Renters (as applicable) including any theft, loss or damage to your property, including RVs. You acknowledge the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be assured. Internet data transmission, including without limitation personal information and payment information, is vulnerable to interception and forging. We will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information that you make available to us through the Internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorize us to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
11.3 Limitation of Liability. Except as expressly provided here in with regards to RVezy liability and responsibility when its Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy applies in no event shall we be liable for damages of any kind, whether arising in contract (including breach of this Agreement), tort, negligence or under any other legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use or access the Services, including without limitation any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profit, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, business interruptions, lost opportunities, theft, damage to or loss of your personal property while it is being stored by an Owner and whether caused by tort (including negligence and strict liability), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- 4 We are not responsible for. Except as expressly provided here in with regards to RVezy liability and responsibility when its Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy applies (i) losses not caused by our breach of contract or negligence, including, without limitation, losses from fraudulent transactions and loss, damage, injury or theft of personal property including RVs; (ii) the actions, inactions, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any Users or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages of expenses resulting therefrom; (iii) the actions, inactions, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of Owners or Renters or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom; (iv) indirect losses (which means loss to you which is a side effect of the main loss or damage and where we could not have reasonably anticipated that type of loss arising at the time of entering into this Agreement); (v) failure to provide or to meet any of our obligations under this Agreement where such delay, cancellation or failure is due to events beyond our control (e.g., a network failure, internet delays, rerouting acts of any government or authority, acts of nature, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, weather, or road conditions and breakdowns); (vi) if for any reason, all or any part of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period; or (vii) any User’s breach of any applicable law, rule, regulation, by-law; (viii) the breach of any Agreement between Renters and Owners; (ix) the breach of any representation or warranty made by a User in connection with the Services; or (x) losses incurred by you or any third party arising in connection with your failure to obtain adequate insurance coverage for the RV rental.
11.5 Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION THAT THE WEBSITE, APP, CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE WEBSITE OR APP IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT ANY SERVICES OBTAINED WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS, REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS. ANY STATUTORY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE BENEFIT OF ANY STATUTORY WARRANTIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You shall indemnify, defend, and hold us (including our officers, directors, agents, and employees) harmless from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, expenses, claims, demands, suits, fines, and/or judgments (collectively “Claims”), including reasonable attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses incidental thereto, which may be suffered by, accrued against, charged to, or recoverable from us by reason of any Claim arising out of or relating to: (a) bodily injury (including death) or damage to tangible personal or real property caused by any act, error or omission, or misconduct by you; (b) violation of any law or regulation by You (including, without limitation, any privacy or personal information protection law or regulation); or (c) breach of any warranties or material terms of this Agreement by you.
- GENERAL TERMS
13.2 Availability & Updates. We may alter, suspend, or discontinue the Website and/or Services at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice. The Website and/or Services may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. We may periodically add or update the information and materials made available through the Services without notice.
13.3 Security. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and we cannot and do not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Website or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and you are responsible for any activities or actions under your password. You agree to keep your password secure. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
13.5 English Language. It is the express wish of the parties that these Terms and all related documents be drawn up in English. C’est la volonté expresse des parties que la présente convention ainsi que les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
RVezy Group Insurance
IMPORTANT NOTE: RVezy Inc. is neither an insurance company nor an insurance broker. Rather, RVezy has obtained group liability and physical damage insurance policies in Ontario, Alberta and Quebec covering motorhomes in those provinces and covering travel trailers registered anywhere in Canada. RVezy is the named insured on this policy. If you receive protection under this policy, your coverage is provided by third-party insurance companies and/or their brokers.
Intact Insurance has issued a commercial fleet policy which will provide blanket coverage to motorhomes licensed in Ontario, Alberta and Quebec and travel trailers (RVs) licensed anywhere in Canada and rented through the RVezy Platform.
For motorhomes registered in Ontario, Alberta and Quebec and travel trailers registered in any province or territory in Canada, RVezy currently carries a Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy underwritten by Intact Insurance that provides insurance for motorhomes listed and licensed in the provinces of Ontario, Alberta and Quebec and travel trailers listed and licensed in any province or territory in Canada. Owner and Renters must fill out the application and be approved by RVezy. For more information on RVezy’s Commercial Automobile Insurance, click https://www.rvezy.com/en/trust-and-safety. When an RV is in the possession of Renter and during the delivery period (e.g. when the Owner is in the process of delivering the RV to a Renter), RVezy’s Commercial Automobile Insurance Policy is in effect. At all other times, any personal insurance policy of the Owner in respect of the RV will be in effect.
The RVezy Group Insurance Policy is available to Renters of an Ontario, Alberta or Quebec licensed motorhome or Canadian licensed travel trailer from the Owner through the RVezy Platform. Renters must abide by the terms and conditions of this RVezy Group Insurance Policy.
Protection Package Options
“Premium” Package: In the event of a claim, the Renter’s shall pay a deductible of $500 CDN. When damage is reported by the Renter, the Renter will be charged $500 CDN, and if the total costs (direct costs of damage, plus all “Related Costs”, as defined below) are less than $500 CDN, the Renter will be refunded the difference.
“Standard” Package: In the event of a claim, the Renter’s shall pay a deductible of $1,500 CDN, under the same structure described in the Premium package.
“Basic” Package: In the event of a claim, the Renter shall pay a deductible of $5,000, under the same structure described in the Premium package.
In the event of multiple claims during the same rental period then the deductible will be applied to each individual claim.
- $2 Million CDN Third Party Liability and OPCF 40, 44R
- Standard Accident Benefits
- Collision and Comprehensive,
- $5,000 CDN deductible for Motorhomes, $5,000 CDNs deductible for trailers
- $1,000 deductible during delivery
Coverage, definitions and terms are subject to the Intact policy documents.
RVezy Group Insurance does not protect personal property.
All exclusions and limitations of the OAP 1 (Owner’s Policy) apply.
- Motorhomes must be registered in a personal name, plated and domiciled in Ontario, Alberta or Quebec
- Travel Trailers must be registered in a personal name, plated and domiciled in Canada
- Rental period does not exceed thirty (30) consecutive days
- No commercial or business use of trailer or motorhome during rental or delivery period
- Confirmation of Valid Driver’s license from North America, United Kingdom, European Union or Australia
- Renter must be 25 years of age or older
- Renter must be fully licensed for 8 consecutive years or equivalent
- Renters must have appropriate class of license for vehicle
- Confirmation of personal insurance policy in place for the Owner*
- Renter and Owner each have no more than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 6 years *
- No major, serious or criminal code convictions in the last 3 years for renter and Owner *
- Renter and Owner have no more than 2 minor convictions in the last 3 years *
- Renter and Owner do not have more than 1 at-fault accident in the last 6 years and 2 or more minor convictions in the last 6 years *
- Renter and Owner have no more than two cancellations of automobile insurance in the last 3 years *
- Renter and Owner have no cancellations of automobile insurance in the last 3 years for material misrepresentation or non-disclosure *
- Pre and post photos required on every trip uploaded within 24 hours of rental period
- Walk-though questionnaire required before and after every trip to be signed by Renter and Owner verifying any pre-existing damages
- Motorhomes must be less than 20yrs old and trailers must be less than 25 years of age
- Motorhomes must be valued less than $150,000 CDN, trailers must be valued less than $50,000 CDN
- Motorhomes must be less than 12.2 meters or 40 feet in length
- Trailers must be factory built and CSA approved
- Owners must execute a thorough onboarding process in place when Renter picks up the vehicle. Eg. Walkthrough, tutorial on how to safely operate RV, explanation of height restrictions and any other special considerations
Prohibited Travel Areas
- Death Valley, California between May 1 and August 31Logging and non-public roads
- Denali Highway in Alaska
- Burning Man Festival, Nevada USA
- Yukon: North Canol Highway,
- Aishihik Lake Road between Dease Lake and Telegraph Creek
- Alaska: Dalton Highway (Hwy 11) between Coldfoot and Prudhoe Bay, McCarthy Road between Chitina and McCarthy
- Authorization must be obtained to travel in the Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Alaska
Parking of motorhomes and trailers is prohibited in the greater metropolitan areas of Montreal, QC, Ottawa, Ontario and New York City, New York.
For motorhomes, Intact will impose a $5,000 deductible to the vehicle Owner in the event of a claim. RVezy will reimburse this deductible to the Owner.
Fees based on the following protection packages
- Premium: 25% of the rental amount for a $500 deductible
- Standard: 10% of the rental amount for a $1,500 deductible
- Basic: No additional charge for a $5,000 deductible
RVezy holds the right to charge the credit card on file the total amount of the protection plan that the Renter chooses in the event of a claim. A deductible will be applied to each claim made during the rental period.
If a Renter has a personal insurance policy in place, the Renter may be able to make claim on his or her personal insurance policy, subject to the terms of the policy, to recover the amount of the deductible. Renter may only do so after the claim has been resolved by RVezy.
RVezy’s commercial insurance policy is in place during the rental period and any claim arising during a rental is treated along the terms of the commercial policy. Should a renter’s personal policy want to cover the deductible associated to the claim is must be done so after the claim has been resolved by RVezy.
Must be reported directly to RVezy through email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-855-MYRVEZY. After hour claims can be reported directly to Intact insurance.
Once reported to RVezy, RVezy will report the claim to Intact. For all collision claims where there is a third party involved, injuries or property damage to a third party must be reported to Intact. Intact will then investigate claim, determine fault and apply the deductible accordingly.
Last Updated: April 10th, 2019